Autumn means curling up with a good book and relaxing with a hot drink. A cup of Orange Cinnamon Breakfast Tea or Spiced Ginger Tea would be perfect.
Tea, usually loose and of the green variety, is my hot beverage of choice. Recently, I found myself with a stray English breakfast tea bag and a fresh orange after a hotel stay. Voilà! Orange Cinnamon Breakfast Tea was born.
Tips and Variations
- Worried about sugar? Use a freshly squeezed orange instead of store-bought juice and you won’t have to worry about added sugar.
- Still worried about sugar? Skip the juice and instead peel off a couple of strips of orange zest to add with the cinnamon stick and cloves. You could also use an orange-spiced tea bag.
- Avoiding caffeine? Use a decaf tea bag.
- Iced tea fan? Orange Cinnamon Breakfast Tea is equally good chilled.
Now, who has a good book to recommend?
Orange Cinnamon Breakfast Tea
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 regular-sized English breakfast tea bag
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Orange slice for garnish (optional)
- Place cinnamon stick, cloves, and tea bag into a 1-cup glass measuring cup. Pour boiling water up to the 3/4-cup mark. Let steep 5 minutes. Discard tea bag.
- Add orange juice up to 1-cup mark, then strain mixture into mug. Garnish with orange slice, if desired.