Need a quick, low-carb entrée for a busy weeknight? Try this Garlic and Tomato Roasted Shrimp. If you want to make it really special, use scallops instead of shrimp.
I’m really liking this “Eat Without Shopping” concept. (I’ve been trying to cook only with items in my pantry and freezer.) I think I’m going to have to break down and go to the store for things like milk and yogurt today. But thanks to some shrimp in my freezer and parsley in a pot on my deck, I did make this roasted shrimp before shopping.
This dish was good, but it could have used more flavor and a bit of heat. I think I’ll throw in some minced jalapeño peppers next time. I made it with shrimp rather than scallops.
Don’t overcook the shrimp or scallops or they will be rubbery!
Like shrimp? You might enjoy these other recipes:
Garlic and Tomato Roasted Shrimp
- 2 small plum tomatoes seeded, peeled, and chopped
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fat-free reduced sodium vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp or 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the shrimp or scallops and parsley.
- Place the mixture in a shallow baking dish and cook for 7 to 9 minutes until the tomatoes become soft and juicy. Add the shrimp or scallops in one layer over the tomato mixture and continue to roast for about 7 to 8 minutes until shrimp turn pink or scallops are opaque and tender.