Need a quick snack that’s summer fresh and contains plant-based protein? You’ll love these versatile and super-easy Cucumber Bites with Hummus and Tomatoes.
One of the questions I get asked a lot is “What can I eat as a snack?” I often suggest hummus and carrot sticks or using cucumber slices instead of crackers with spreads like Smoked Salmon Spread.
This recipe for Cucumber Bites combines both of those ideas: just top crisp cucumber rounds with your favorite hummus and a dab of tomato. Nothing’s better in the summer when cucumbers and tomatoes are both in season!
Other Toppings for Cucumber Bites
While the roasted red pepper hummus, tomato, and parsley combination is fantastic, you might want to be more creative with your cucumber toppings. You’ll find a few ideas below. Use store-bought hummus or make your own. And plain hummus works great too!
- Buffalo Wing Hummus (meatless) with carrot curls
- Roasted Garlic Hummus with chopped green pepper and fresh basil
- Artichoke Hummus with roasted red pepper, capers, and fresh thyme
- Black Bean Hummus with diced avocado and fresh cilantro
Do you have another idea for a tasty topping combination? Please share!
Cucumber Bites with Hummus and Tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 6 mini tomatoes
- 3 ounces roasted red pepper hummus
- chopped fresh parsley
- Slice cucumber into rounds. Thinly slice tomatoes crosswise.
- Top cucumber slices with hummus and tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley.