These zucchini noodles with lime pesto are gluten-free, low carb, and packed with flavor! Perfect for an easy vegan side dish that requires no cooking at all.
Looking for an easy, flavorful side that doesn’t require firing up the oven, stove, or grill? That’s the perfect time to make these zucchini noodles with lime pesto!
Simply spiralize the zucchini, whip up the pesto in the food processor, then toss everything together to serve. It’s so simple, and the result is so refreshing and delicious.
Plus, if you have any leftover pesto, you can store it in the refrigerator for future dishes. Who doesn’t love having some pre-made pesto ready to go?
Whether you’re looking for a light meal or a tasty, plant-based side, these pesto zoodles are always a great choice.
How to make zucchini noodles with lime pesto
My favorite part about this recipe is that it doesn’t require any cooking at all. All you need is your food processor!
Step 1: While the food processor is running, add the garlic cloves.
Step 2: Turn off the machine, then add the basil, pine nuts, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Pulse until everything is finely chopped, scraping down the sides at least once.
Step 3: Turn the food processor back on and slowly pour the olive oil through the tube until a thick paste forms. Turn off the food processor.
Step 4: Use a spiralizer to turn the zucchini into noodles.
Step 5: In a large bowl, toss the zucchini noodles and tomatoes.
Step 6: Add a couple of tablespoons of pesto and mix well. Continue adding pesto until you reach your desired creaminess.
Divide onto 4 plates and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Ways to simplify this recipe
As I mentioned, one of the best parts about this recipe is how simple it is to make. But if you’re looking for something even easier, you’re in luck!
No spiralizer? No problem! Simply julienne your zucchini (cut it into matchsticks) instead.
Can’t find Campari tomatoes? Just swap them out for cherry tomatoes. Because they’re smaller, I recommend cutting them in half rather than quartering them.
Trying to save time? Buy pre-prepared pesto, then stir in some lime juice and zest.
What to serve with pesto zoodles
I think the creaminess of the lime pesto works well to temper the heat of spicy foods. That’s why I like to serve these zucchini and pesto noodles with dishes like red lentil chili, jerk chicken, or spice-rubbed pork tenderloin.
You could also turn this low-carb pesto pasta into a full meal. For non-vegetarian options, add sliced chicken breast or chicken meatballs. To keep your meal vegan, try adding avocado, chickpeas, lentils, or tofu.
If you have extra spiralized zucchini, don’t toss it with the pesto. Instead, store the zoodles in an airtight container lined with paper towels. They’ll stay fresh for 2-3 days.
Leftover pesto can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Other tasty pesto recipes
I never get tired of pesto. From tasty sides to flavorful entrées, there are so many ways to use this versatile ingredient! Here are a few of my favorite pesto recipes I know you’ll love:
When you’ve tried this dish, please don’t forget to let me know how you liked it and rate the recipe in the comments below!
Zucchini Noodles with Lime Pesto
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1½ cups fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup pine nuts
- Zest and juice of 1 small lime
- Pinch Kosher salt
- A few grinds of fresh black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 large zucchini (rinsed, dried, and spiralized or julienned)
- 6 Campari tomatoes (quartered)
- While the food processor is running, add the garlic cloves.3 garlic cloves
- Turn off the machine, then add the basil, pine nuts, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Pulse until everything is finely chopped, scraping down the sides at least once.1½ cups fresh basil leaves, ½ cup pine nuts, Zest and juice of 1 small lime, Pinch Kosher salt, A few grinds of fresh black pepper
- Turn the food processor back on and slowly pour the olive oil through the tube until a thick paste forms. Turn off the food processor.¼ cup olive oil
- Use a spiralizer to turn the zucchini into noodles.3 large zucchini
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini noodles and tomatoes.6 Campari tomatoes
- Add a couple of tablespoons of pesto and mix well. Continue adding pesto until you reach your desired creaminess.