White Bean Lentil Soup (Instant Pot)
This white bean lentil soup topped with Parmesan is a cozy, satisfying dish you'll want to eat again and again. And it takes less than 10 minutes to prep!
- 3 cups cooked Great Northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup uncooked brown lentils (rinsed)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 large carrots (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- ½ teaspoon black and red pepper blend or freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (2-inch) piece Parmesan cheese rind
- 4 cups leafy greens such as Swiss chard or spinach (stems removed and chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
Add the beans, lentils, broth, water, onion, carrots, garlic, Herbes de Provence, pepper, salt, bay leaf, and rind to your Instant Pot.
Close and lock the lid, ensuring that the valve is set to “sealing.”
Cook on manual High pressure for 15 minutes.
When the cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
Once the pressure gauge drops, carefully uncover the pot, then stir in the leafy greens and lemon juice. Remove and discard the rind and bay leaf.
This recipe is for 8 servings of soup.
To make in the slow cooker instead, combine all ingredients except leafy greens and lemon juice and cook on low for 7 hours. Add greens and lemon juice, cook on low for 30 more minutes, then discard rind and bay leaf before serving.
Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days or in the freezer for several months.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 11.3g | Fat: 4.2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 9.1mg | Sodium: 439.1mg | Potassium: 319.5mg | Fiber: 8.5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6250IU | Vitamin C: 15.7mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 2.2mg | Net carbs: 16.5g