Vegetarian Chipotle Chili (Slow Cooker)
Hearty, easy-to-prepare option for Meatless Monday
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups kidney beans cooked from dried beans (or use rinsed canned beans)
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained 1 large can
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 avocados diced just before serving
Combine all ingredients except avocado in a slow cooker.
Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, then on LOW for 3 hours. (You could also cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.)
Serve with avocado.
I used a 3-quart slow cooker and the ingredients just barely fit. Don’t go smaller than 3-quart.
This chili is packed with fiber and contains no cholesterol. If you are watching your sodium intake, you might want to reduce or eliminate the kosher salt. Almost all of the fat is coming from the avocado. If you are watching your Fat intake, you may want skip the avocado (but it's good fat).
Serving: 0g | Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 759mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg | Net carbs: 32g