Cold Melon Soup with Ginger
This cold melon soup with ginger is incredibly delicious and refreshing! Serve as a soup garnished with mint or as a fantastic sauce.
- 2 cantaloupe melons (peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- Pinch of salt (or fleur de sel if you can find it)
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger (peeled and cut into 2.5 cm strips for garnish)
- Fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
Add the melons, oil, ginger, and salt to a food processor or blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with strips of fresh ginger and mint leaves.
This recipe is for 4 servings of soup.
If you can find fleur de sel, or French sea salt, I highly recommend using it. It is very delicate and dissolves instantly.
Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.3g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 3.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 10.9g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg | Net carbs: 8.6g