Homemade Hoisin Sauce
Easy homemade hoisin sauce that is less sweet than prepared varieties
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic from a jar or tube is fine
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger from a jar or tube is fine
- 1/3 cup low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and sriracha in a small bowl.
Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add soy sauce mixture and whisk until smooth. Cook, whisking often, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool.
Most bottled hoisin sauce has about 14g carbs per 2 tablespoons. This homemade version has half that amount.
Gluten-free? Make sure to use gluten-free tamari.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 732mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg | Net carbs: 7g