Tomato Peach Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
Easy summer salad featuring a fruity white balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 large tomatoes (preferably heirloom) cut into wedges
- 2 Grilled Peaches cut into wedges
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese small cherry-sized balls ("ciliegine")
- 1/4 cup Fruity White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds toasted
Arrange the tomato and peach wedges on 4 serving plates (pasta bowls work well). Top with fresh mozzarella.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon Fruity White Balsamic Vinaigrette over each serving. Top with basil and almonds. Serve immediately.
If you don't want to make homemade salad dressing, experiment with a favorite vinaigrette.
If you can't find small balls of fresh mozzarella, buy larger chunks and cut them into pieces. You could also use buffalo mozzarella or burrata cheese.
No time to grill? Just use raw peaches, peeled. You'll miss out on the smoky flavor, but the salad will still be delicious.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 342mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1100IU | Vitamin C: 24.8mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 0.4mg | Net carbs: 14g