Fennel Kale Slaw
This fennel kale slaw with carrots is wonderfully flavorful! It's a little sweet, a little crunchy, a little earthy, with the perfect burst of citrus to bring it all together.
- 2 small carrots (shredded)
- 1/4 bulb fennel (thinly sliced)
- 2 large stalks kale (stems removed and leaves finely chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon or key lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl, toss together the shredded carrots, sliced fennel, and chopped kale.
In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking together the lemon or key lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Add the dressing to salad and toss to combine.
This recipe is for 2 servings.
Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator and should be enjoyed within 3 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7900IU | Vitamin C: 28.9mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 0.9mg | Net carbs: 6g