Banh Mi Chicken Burger Lettuce Wraps
Enjoy the pickled flavors of a Banh Mi sandwich minus the bread
FOR THE PICKLED VEGETABLES
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 English cucumber cut into matchsticks
- 2 medium carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 Daikon radish cut into matchsticks (optional)
FOR THE BURGERS
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 scallion thinly sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- lettuce leaves
- sriracha mayonnaise optional
- thinly sliced jalapeños optional
MAKE THE PICKLED VEGETABLES
In a medium bowl, stir together the vinegar, sugar, and salt. Add the cucumber, carrot, and radish sticks. Let it sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes (while you make the burgers).
When ready to serve, drain the vegetables.
MAKE THE BURGERS
In a medium bowl, combine the ground chicken, scallions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, and brown sugar. Shape into 4 patties and place on a cookie sheet or plate that will fit in your freezer. Freeze for 10 minutes.
Grill burgers for about 5 minutes per side or until they are cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. If you don't have a grill, you can use the broiler.
Spread some sriracha mayonnaise, if using, on 4 large lettuce leaves. Top each with a burger.
Add the drained pickled vegetables and the jalapeños, if using.
If you can't find daikon radish, you can use another type of radish or some thinly sliced onion.
Nutrition information does not include optional ingredients.
Serving: 1burger | Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 561mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2850IU | Vitamin C: 9.9mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2.2mg | Net carbs: 9g