- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 scallions sliced, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 small pieces about 1/2-inch in diameter of thinly shaved fresh ginger root, peeled
- 2 large stalks bok choy white parts chopped and green parts thinly sliced
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 1 cup frozen edamame shelled, thawed
- 2 medium carrots peeled into ribbons
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Combine water, rice vinegar, tamari/soy sauce, honey and crushed red pepper in a 3-quart saucepan. Add about 3/4 of the scallions, 3/4 of the cilantro, garlic, ginger and the white parts of the bok choy. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the soba noodles according to package directions and drain.
Add the edamame, carrots, green parts of the bok choy and sesame oil to the scallion mixture. Bring back to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes.
Divide noodles and vegetable mixture among 4 bowls. Garnish with remaining scallions and cilantro.
If 46g carb is too much for you at one meal, reduce your portion of noodles and load up on the veggies. You could also reduce or eliminate the honey.