Balsamic Root Vegetables (Slow Cooker)
These balsamic root vegetables are made right in the slow cooker! Just add sweet potatoes, carrots, and parsnips, plus a few dried cranberries for a hint of sweetness.
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips (peeled and thickly sliced)
- 1 pound carrots (peeled and thickly sliced)
- 1 medium sweet onion (coarsely chopped)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra-virgin)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
Lightly coat the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Add the sliced parsnips and carrots, chopped onion, and dried cranberries. Mix well, then layer the sweet potatoes on top.
In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Pour the mixture over the vegetables in the slow cooker, but do not stir.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Toss with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
This recipe is for 10 servings of balsamic vegetables.
To play around with the taste, feel free to use a flavored balsamic vinegar or olive oil.
Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 258mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg | Net carbs: 30g