- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries thawed if frozen
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen pomegranate seeds arils, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Kosher salt
- 6 ounces whole-grain or gluten-free baguette sliced diagonally into 16 pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Brie cheese cut into 16 thin slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil thinly sliced
Coarsely chop cranberries. Place in small bowl and add pomegranate seeds, sugar, orange zest, and a dash of salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving time (up to 3 days).
Preheat oven to 350°F. Take cranberry mixture out of refrigerator so it warms up a bit.
Place bread slices on baking sheet and lightly brush both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle one side with pepper. Bake 4 minutes, flip, bake another 4 minutes or until both sides are lightly browned.
Flip again and top each slice with Brie. Bake until cheese softens, about 4 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with cranberry mixture. Sprinkle with basil. Serve warm.
Watching sodium? Most of the sodium in this recipe is coming from the bread and the brie. Look for a low-sodium bread (or make your own) and use a smaller slice of brie.
Gluten-free? Use a gluten-free baguette.