Cold Melon Soup with Ginger
This soup is amazingly refreshing. Not only is it low in calories but it also has the additional benefit of containing ginger, which boosts the immune system.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cantaloupe melons peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of fleur de sel
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into strips, to garnish 2.5-cm
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish
Put the melons, oil, ginger, and fleur de sel in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with strips of fresh ginger and mint leaves.
Fleur de sel ("flower of salt") is French sea salt. It is very delicate and dissolves instantly. You can get it from amazon.com (affiliate link) or use salt you have on hand.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.3g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 3.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 10.9g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg | Net carbs: 8.6g