Looking for a new spin on hummus? This artichoke hummus with Italian flavor is easy to make for a tasty snack or delicious spread for wraps and sandwiches.
- 1-3/4 cups home-cooked chickpeas or 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra-virgin)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (chopped)
With your food processor running, add the garlic cloves.
Stop the motor, then add the chickpeas, artichoke hearts, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, and paprika.
Turn the food processor back on and purée until smooth.
Transfer the hummus to a bowl, stir in the basil, and season with salt and pepper if desired.
This recipe is for 8 servings of hummus. Each serving is 4 tablespoons.
Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Serving: 4tablespoons | Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 9.9mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.9mg | Net carbs: 10g