We started the week by making White Beans with Kale. Mid-week we used the cooking liquid and some of the leftover beans to make White Bean and Kale Soup. Here’s one more dish to use up the rest of your beans – White Bean and Kale Bruschetta.
This recipe couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is make some toast and warm up the beans. These kale bruschetta make a great appetizer, afternoon snack, or a nice, sophisticated lunch. The Grillmaster said he felt very “grown up” when I served them alongside a salad for lunch one day. They would also be great with a steamy bowl of tomato soup.
Make it vegan: Skip the Parmesan and use vegan cheese instead.
Make it gluten-free: Use a gluten-free baguette.
White Bean and Kale Bruschetta
- 1 baguette cut diagonally into 12 half-inch thick slices (about 3 inches long)
- 1 garlic clove peeled and cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups White Beans with Kale warmed
- 1/4 ounce Parmesan cheese shaved
- Toast baguette slices, then rub each with cut side of garlic.
- Top with bean and kale mixture and shaved Parmesan.