Need an easy, make-ahead appetizer for your Oscar-watching party that will please your friends who are following low carb or dairy-free diets? Try these fancy-looking Smoked Salmon Cucumber Rolls.
When you trim the salmon and julienne the cucumber, make sure your strips of salmon are just a bit narrower than your strips of cucumber. You want some cucumber to poke out of each end.
These portable salmon rolls also make a great lunch when paired with a spinach salad and are the perfect high-protein pre-gym snack.
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Rolls
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Homemade White Wine Mustard or prepared mustard
- 12 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon cut into strips about 2 x 4 inches
- 1 cucumber preferably English, seeded and cut into 2 1/2-inch strips
- Heat honey for about 10 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to blend (you can skip this step). Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl.
- Place a strip of salmon on a cutting board. Spread on a thin layer of honey mustard mixture. Place 2 or 3 cucumber strips at one end of the salmon and roll up. Move roll to serving dish. Repeat with remaining salmon strips.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.