Need a portable healthy lunch? Try this Mozzarella, Tomato, and Chickpea Salad.
Today is officially National Healthy Lunch Day, although I agree with someone on Facebook who said we should eat a healthy lunch each and every day. November is American Diabetes Month® and The American Diabetes Association is encouraging everyone to put good food and good health on the table.
Eating a healthy lunch isn’t too difficult for me since I work at home, but I remember how tricky it could be when I was commuting to an office. You really had to plan ahead. It was so much easier to head down to the cafeteria or join co-workers for a quick run to the local burger joint.
Make It Portable
This Mozzarella, Tomato, and Chickpea Salad couldn’t be easier to prepare or more portable. Just take 5 minutes to mix up the cheese, tomatoes, and chickpeas with the olive oil and seasonings. Pack this mixture separately from the spinach and put it all together when you’re ready to eat.
Other Healthy Lunch Ideas
Mozzarella, Tomato, and Chickpea Salad
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh mozzarella balls drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup no-salt-added canned chickpeas drained
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Combine mozzarella balls, tomatoes, and chickpeas in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Wash spinach (if not prewashed), and divide equally among 4 bowls. Top each bed of spinach with 1/2 cup mozzarella-tomato-chickpea mixture. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
for more inspiration
today and every day!