While pondering what sauce to serve with my Turkey Tenders, I noticed two mangoes in the fruit bowl that were just hitting their stride. I also had a little bit of orange juice left over from another recipe. I don’t drink too much OJ because of the sugar content, so it was unusual to have it on hand. I also had some jalapeños and fresh cilantro. At first I thought about a chunky mango salsa, but then I decided that something more along the lines of a purée would make a better dip for the turkey bites.
If you don’t have the exact ingredients below, mix it up. How about a different fruit or juice? Maybe an unusual vinegar? Do you have fresh herbs on hand besides cilantro? Feel free to make this sauce your own.
The sauce gave the Turkey Tenders a punch of sweetness. I also drizzled some on leftover pulled pork – may I just say “yum!”
How would you use this Mango Dipping Sauce?
Mango Dipping Sauce
- 2 mangoes pitted, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 jalapeño minced (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.