Need a new lunch or light dinner option? Try a spinach salad featuring chicken, mango, red bell peppers, and cashews.
I craved mango the other day, but I wasn’t in the mood for Shrimp, Mango & Avocado Salad with Sweet Chili Ginger Vinaigrette. I had some leftover cooked chicken and a bag of baby spinach, so this recipe sounded perfect.
This sweet and crunchy salad made a perfect lunch before an afternoon date with the treadmill. It’s also Paleo-friendly and gluten-free if that matters to you.
I made a double batch of the dressing because the amounts listed below weren’t enough volume for my blender. I served it the next day as a dipping sauce for Turkey Tenders and it was perfect.
If you live somewhere with good mangoes (I don’t), feel free to use a fresh one instead of the frozen chunks.
In a seafood mood? Substitute cooked shrimp for the chicken.
Mango Chicken Salad with Cashews
- 1/4 cup frozen mango chunks thawed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted raw cashews toasted
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen mango chunks thawed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted raw cashews toasted
- In a food processor or blender, combine 1/4 cup mango, 1 tablespoon cashews, olive oil, water, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and process until no chunks remain.
- Arrange spinach on two serving plates or shallow bowls.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, and remaining mango chunks and drizzle with dressing.
- Top with remaining cashews.