Do you generally serve a cheese ball during the holidays? It’s a popular low-carb appetizer. Why not shape it into a wreath to make it a little more festive? This Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath will be a hit at your party.
You can make the cheese ball using the recipe below or try another like this one from Wholesome Yum with bacon and green onions. (Either skip the nuts or mix them into the cheese ball.) Heck, you could even buy a premade cheese ball, let it soften, and then reshape it and cover it with herbs and red peppers. Just make sure to pick one with flavors that will complement the parsley and chives. (Or use whatever fresh herbs will work.)
Serve the holiday cheese ball with crackers (gluten-free, if necessary), bell pepper slices, carrot sticks, or cucumber slices. Leftovers make a great snack!
Holiday Cheese Ball Wreath
- 16 ounces Neufchâtel cheese (low-fat cream cheese) softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons drained pickled jalapeño peppers optional
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- crackers or sliced vegetables
- Tear off two 16-inch pieces of plastic wrap. Place them on the counter and overlap them lengthwise by a few inches. Line a 6-inch Bundt pan with the plastic wrap, making sure all interior surfaces are covered.
- In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, cheddar, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeño peppers (if using), and black pepper. Pulse until well combined.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the Bundt pan and pack it in tightly. Fold the wrap over to cover all of the cheese. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Unwrap the top of the pan and invert onto a serving plate. Cover the wreath with the parsley and chives, then sprinkle the red peppers on top.
- Serve with crackers or sliced vegetables.