Step away from the candy. There’s a new low-carb treat in town and it’s called Halloween Mummy Celery Sticks.
While this recipe doesn’t require a ton of ingredients, it does require patience and practice. Don’t attempt them on a day when you’re feeling extremely stressed out.
Make sure your turkey is shaved as thinly as possible before you start. Trust me, it will save you some frustration.
And, while I love cooking with my 4-year-old niece, I’m really glad I didn’t attempt making these mummies with her. She did enjoy eating them, though.
Halloween Mummy Celery Sticks
- 1 tablespoon Penzey’s Fox Point seasoning or other herb, onion, and garlic blend
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 ounces shaved or thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 10 dried cranberries craisins
- 20 celery stalks cut into 3-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine seasoning and water. Add cream cheese and mix well.
- Cut turkey into narrow strips that are just a little bit wider than your celery sticks.
- Cut cranberries into small eye-sized pieces, about 4 per cranberry.
- Place cream cheese mixture into a zipper-top plastic bag and snip off one corner. Pipe into each celery stick.
- Criss-cross turkey strips on top of cream cheese. Trim any edges that overhang. Use a small, flat spatula to tuck in the sides.
- Add cranberry “eyes.”