I’ve been seeing them everywhere lately, so I decided it was time to try a Green Smoothie. I had some leftover kale after last week’s fiesta that featured White Beans with Kale, White Bean and Kale Soup, and White Bean with Kale Bruschetta so it seemed like the perfect time.
I promise we’ll take a little break from kale after this.
This is not a smoothie in the traditional sense – no yogurt, no milk, no dairy of any kind. It tastes herby and earthy with just a hint of citrus. The Grillmaster and I enjoyed it, but our tastebuds were a bit confused at first. If this isn’t your thing, you might prefer Spinach Smoothie with Apples and Grapes or Avocado Smoothie with Leafy Greens.
Have you ever tried a green smoothie? What was in yours?
Green Smoothie (Dairy-Free)
- 1 cup frozen mango cubes
- 2 medium ribs celery coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves stems and ribs removed
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley leaves only
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves only
- 1 cup fresh orange juice chilled
- Place ingredients in blender and purée until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve immediately.