Planning a brunch buffet for Mother’s Day? These easy-to-eat low-carb Goat Cheese Bites with Pistachios will be perfect for the table.
My friend Jennifer and I were discussing buffets the other day. She throws a lot of parties and said that whenever she serves slices of cheesecake, no one ever eats them. Yet, when she offers cheesecake bites, they disappear immediately! There’s something about finger food that works much better in a buffet situation.
Take creamy dips, for example. If you serve a dip or spread in a food line, your guests have to first spoon some onto their plate. If it’s thin, it rolls off the spoon easily; if it’s thick, it may plop off, but it may not. If it doesn’t, they need to find a second utensil to assist. Once they manage to get some dip on their plate, then they have to individually pick up veggie sticks or chips. Meanwhile, the guests in line behind them get impatient.
What if, instead, you served dip and dipper all in one? You could make these goat cheese bites featuring whipped cream cheese, cinnamon, and honey stuffed into mini phyllo cups and call it a day. Your guests could grab one or two and the line would keep moving. (Make them extra special by using Moxy Kitchen’s Spicy Cinnamon Mix.)
These particular bites are a little bit sweet and a little bit savory, so they can be an appetizer or a dessert. If you’d rather go in a fruitier direction, check out Creamy Cherry (or Raspberry or Strawberry or Blueberry) Cheese Bites with Almonds.
Goat Cheese Bites with Pistachios
- 1 (1.9 ounce) box frozen mini phyllo shells about 12
- 2 ounces goat cheese softened
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons pistachios chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place frozen phyllo shells on a baking sheet. Bake for about 3 minutes or until crisp. Cool.
- In a food processor, combine goat cheese, cream cheese, lemon zest, cinnamon, and honey. Blend until smooth, scraping the sides at least once.
- Pipe or spoon the cheese mixture into the phyllo shells and top with pistachios.