A couple of years ago, I hosted a brunch the day before my stepdaughter’s wedding and made these creamy cherry cheese bites. Once I mixed the cream cheese and all-fruit together, I gave my then 18-month-old niece a taste. She wasn’t talking much, but her eyes told me how much she liked it. She kept coming over to me and sticking out her tongue because she wanted more.
I decided to make this snack today with cherries, given that it’s President’s Day. The stems look cool, but the cherries do have pits, which makes them a little hard to eat. This recipe works equally well (maybe even better) with raspberries, strawberries (slice them if they are large), or blueberries. I bet they’d be great with chunks of fresh peach in the summer too. Just change the flavor of all-fruit you use accordingly.
These creamy cherry cheese bites will disappear quickly. If one of your guests comes up to you and sticks out their tongue, take it as a compliment.
Creamy Cherry Cheese Bites with Almonds
- 8 ounces Neufchâtel cheese light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup cherry all-fruit or no-sugar-added preserves
- 15 mini phyllo shells one 1.9 ounce package, thawed
- ¼ cup slivered almonds toasted and cooled
- 15 cherries
- With a mixer, beat Neufchâtel cheese and all-fruit until well-combined.
- Spoon the mixture into phyllo shells. Top with almonds and a cherry.
Nutrition Info Per Serving