When I made the Chicken Kale Salad for Healthy Lunch Day, I decided I’d rather have an Asian Vinaigrette with a little bit of heat rather than a raspberry dressing enhanced with fresh ginger. So I came up with one.
This dressing features low-sodium tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) plus fresh ginger and garlic. It’s perfect whenever you’re serving a salad alongside something like Asian Chicken Noodle and Spinach Soup or Soba Noodles with Roasted Eggplant.
Ways to Use Asian Vinaigrette
- Salad dressing
- Dipping sauce for grilled vegetables
- Marinade for steak or chicken
- Stir-fry sauce
If you don’t like heat, leave out the sriracha. The dressing is gluten-free if made with gluten-free tamari/soy sauce and vegan.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash of sriracha sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, tamari or soy sauce, ginger, and garlic.
- Whisking constantly, add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Season with sriracha (if desired) and pepper.