Are you constantly looking for easy recipes the whole family will love? If you like quick stews with a little bit of kick, make a batch of 4-Ingredient Carnitas Posole in your Instant Pot® (affiliate link) or other electric pressure cooker.
Remember that Chicken Bone Broth we made last week? Here’s a great way to use it. You’ll find both recipes plus another for Pork Carnitas in my new cookbook The Diabetes Cookbook for Electric Pressure Cookers.
This carnitas posole (or pozole) truly comes together in an instant; just add some chicken broth or stock, cooked pork, Roasted Tomatillo Salsa (or salsa verde from a jar), and a can of hominy to your pressure cooker and wait 30 minutes or so. The resulting stew will taste like it’s been simmering all day.
4-Ingredient Carnitas Posole (Instant Pot)
- In the electric pressure cooker, combine the broth, hominy and its juices, pork, and salsa. Stir to combine.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Set the valve to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking is complete, hit Cancel and quick release the pressure.
- Once the pin drops, unlock and remove the lid.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with avocado and/or cilantro (if using).