Is your Valentine gluten-free or vegan? Forego the chocolates this year and try these no-bake Date Almond Energy Bites instead.
My Valentine likes dates and figs more than he likes chocolate. He’s going to be thrilled with these Date Almond Energy Bites. And I’m happy I’ll only need five ingredients to whip up a treat he’ll love. (Note to self: try this recipe with figs.)
So is this an energy bite or is it a truffle? I think it’s both, although most truffles involve chocolate. From one recipe, you get dessert for one meal and the perfect post-workout snack for the next day (and the day after that).
Did I mention these energy bites are low-sodium too? If you or your Valentine is limiting sodium, these treats will work for your celebration too.
Now, go forth and don’t bake.
Truffle Recipes That Do Involve Chocolate
Are you more of a truffle person than an energy bites person? Check out these other no-bake recipes:
- 2½ cups pitted dates (I used Medjool)
- 2 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips, toasted
- In a food processor, place dates, almonds, cinnamon, and salt. Process for about 20 seconds, scrape down the bowl, then process an additional 20 seconds or until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- Finely chop toasted coconut chips and place on a plate.
- Use a 1½-inch cookie scoop to shape the date mixture into balls. Roll in your hands, then in the coconut.