Do you need a wholesome snack for a trick-or-treat party? Try these cute Halloween Bell Peppers stuffed with your favorite black bean dip.
Is it really possible that the end of October looms? To me, it should be about the beginning of the summer. I guess the fact that time is flying by means that I’m having a whole lot of fun.
In trying to think of a savory Halloween treat, I remembered seeing orange peppers carved to look like Jack-o’-Lanterns that were stuffed with a mixture of rice and ground beef. Given that I eat more beans than hamburger these days, I decided I’d totally steal the idea for “carving” Halloween bell peppers but I’d stuff mine with black bean dip.
How to Make Halloween Bell Peppers
- Make Smoky Black Bean Dip using orange bell peppers instead of red and refrigerate for at least two hours. Stir all of the bacon into the dip and skip the topping.
- Wash and dry the peppers. You’ll need two or three.
- Sketch out a mouth for your Jack-o’-Lantern and and cut it out to use as a pattern. Make sure the size will fit on your peppers.
- Carefully cut a wide circle around the stem of each pepper. Pull on the stem and remove the top. Scrape off the seeds.
- Use scissors to trim the ribs inside the peppers. Scrape everything out so your peppers are hollow.
- Place your mouth pattern on the flattest side of the pepper. Trace it with a pen or the sharp point of a knife. Cut out the mouth, then cut out two triangles for eyes. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- Stuff the peppers with black bean dip and replace the tops. You may need to trim the bottoms to get your peppers to sit flat.
- Slice additional peppers, celery, or carrots to serve with the dip.
Other Savory Halloween Treats
If you like these Halloween Bell Peppers, you might also like: