Does the cooler weather make you crave soup? These winter squash soup recipes are perfect for fall. Whether you want curried, creamy, mild, or spicy, we’ve got you covered!
I love seeing all of the winter squash at the farmers’ market. Of course, the classics have made an appearance: the butternut, acorn, and spaghetti squash varieties. I’ve also run into kabocha, sweet dumpling, delicata, blue Hubbard, and buttercup (one of my favorites).
While I love it stuffed, roasted, and as a ravioli filling, winter squash makes me first think about soup. I love hearty stews showcasing squash once the temperature cools and the air starts to feel a little bit crisp.
Winter Squash Soup Recipes
Here are a few of my favorite winter squash soup recipes:
- Butternut Squash Soup with Apples & Carrots – soup featuring curry that makes a great pre-workout lunch
- Buttercup Squash Soup – mild and creamy soup
- Squash Bisque with Mascarpone and Apple-Cheese Crostini – a thick, creamy soup that’s delicious hot or cold
- Butternut Squash Posole – vegan soup that’s sweet, spicy, and earthy
- Spicy Apple Squash Soup – Roasted Tomatilla Salsa gives this soup some zing