The older I get the more avocados I eat and the better I like guacamole. This Pear Guacamole with Pistachios features sweetness plus a hint of smoke from the toasted nuts.
You know avocados are good for you, right? Loaded with monounsaturated fat, vitamins, potassium, and a slew of other nutrients, they may reduce the inflammation that causes a lot of disease. Eating avocados may also lower your cholesterol and triglycerides, protect your vision, prevent cancer, and help you lose weight. But that’s not why I eat them. I eat them—a lot—because they are tasty and versatile.
How to Serve Pear Guacamole with Pistachios
You can use guacamole in lots of different ways at any meal or snack. Here are just a few ideas for serving this pear guacamole:
- With vegetable sticks/strips like carrots, celery, jicama, and/or colorful bell peppers.
- Atop a Mexican dish like Barley Salad with Black Beans, Avocado, and Corn or Tex-Mex Burrito Bowl.
- With whole-grain tortillas chips (but watch the carbs).
- In a Breakfast Burrito.
- Simply scooped on top of black beans.
- On avocado toast. Use whole-grain or sourdough bread, watch your portion size, and eat some protein too.
- With a spoon :) (It’s delicious by itself.)