The best part about these cookies? The kids won’t fight you for them. They are definitely cookies for adults. Savory and lightened up by using Bertolli® Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil instead of butter, they are the perfect bite to have while you are wrapping presents. Leave some out for Santa too; he’ll appreciate sneaking in a hint of red wine during his long journey.
Make it Vegan: Replace the eggs with Ener-g Foods egg replacer or flax/chia gel. To make enough gel to replace 2 eggs, mix 2 tablespoons flax meal or chia seeds with 6 tablespoons hot water and let stand, stirring occasionally, until thickened (about 5 minutes). Do not strain before using.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Bertolli®. All opinions are my own.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free baking flour blend
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves or ½ teaspoon dried
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Bertolli® Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- ¾ cup dry red wine (I used merlot)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, rosemary, and sugar. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, and wine.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets (the batter will be thin). You should get about 12 cookies per sheet. Bake the first 24 cookies for about 8 minutes, swap the cookie sheets (move the one on the top rack to the bottom rack and the one on the bottom rack to the top rack). Bake another 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for about 5 minutes on the pans, then remove to a rack to cool completely. Repeat for remaining cookies.
The Virtual Potluck team will be baking up a storm using Bertolli® Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil between now and Christmas.
We’ll EACH be giving away a prize pack containing 3 bottles of Bertolli® Olive Oil – Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Classico Olive Oil and Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil.
Check out some of the other amazing recipes:
- Olive Oil and Hazelnut Cookies from Cookistry
- Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes with Cherry Cream Cheese Frosting from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Lemon Sweet Rolls from Miss in the Kitchen
- Olive Oil Gingersnaps from Thyme in Our Kitchen