We started the week by making White Beans with Kale . Mid-week we used the cooking liquid and some of the leftover beans to make White Bean and Kale Soup . Here’s one more dish to use up the rest of your beans – White Bean and Kale Bruschetta.
This recipe couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is make some toast and warm up the beans. These kale bruschetta make a great appetizer, afternoon snack, or a nice, sophisticated lunch. The Grillmaster said he felt very “grown up” when I served them alongside a salad for lunch one day. They would also be great with a steamy bowl of tomato soup.
Make it vegan: Skip the Parmesan and use vegan cheese instead.
Make it gluten-free: Use a gluten-free baguette.
- 1 baguette, cut diagonally into 12 half-inch thick slices (about 3 inches long)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 1½ cups White Beans with Kale , warmed
- ¼ ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Toast baguette slices, then rub each with cut side of garlic.
- Top with bean and kale mixture and shaved Parmesan.