I’ve been seeing them everywhere lately, so I decided it was time to try a green smoothie. I had some leftover kale after last week’s fiesta that featured White Beans with Kale , White Bean and Kale Soup  and White Bean with Kale Bruschetta  so it seemed like the perfect time.
I promise we’ll take a little break from kale after this.
This is not a smoothie in the traditional sense – no yogurt, no milk, no dairy of any kind. It tastes herby and earthy with just a hint of citrus. The Grillmaster and I enjoyed it, but our tastebuds were a bit confused at first. If this isn’t your thing, you might prefer Spinach Smoothie with Apples and Grapes .
Have you ever tried a green smoothie? What was in yours?
- 1 cup frozen mango cubes
- 2 medium ribs celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves, stems and ribs removed
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (leaves only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint (leaves only)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, chilled
- Place ingredients in blender and purée until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve immediately.