Tortilla Soup with Roasted Vegetables for #SundaySupper

Tortilla Soup with Roasted Vegetables

Today is Día de Independencia in Mexico and the #SundaySupper group is celebrating with a Mexican Fiesta! I’m bringing a flavorful, spicy tomato-based soup that’s served with crispy homemade tortilla strips.

I told the gang I’d be featuring a recipe for Tortilla Soup with Roasted Vegetables. I was out of town until late in the week helping my brother and his wife with some emergency babysitting. I got back and had a day and a half to plan a menu, grocery shop and cook dinner for a group of 20 on Friday night. Yesterday, I spent all day at our annual Day at the Docks festival, which is a celebration of Hatteras Island (NC) Watermen. Before I left for the event, I got up early so I could make and photograph the tortilla soup.

Imagine my dismay when I searched my blog for other dishes to accompany the soup and found that I had already posted my recipe for Tortilla Soup with Roasted Vegetables! I’m either a total idiot or I have way too much stress in my life at the moment.

So, I apologize for not giving you a new recipe today, but I think you will enjoy the soup nonetheless. This time I made it with chipotle chili powder for an extra kick and I skipped the chicken and avocado.

¡Feliz Día de Independencia!

The #SundaySupper gang will be sharing recipes for a Mexican Fiesta all afternoon on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram on Sunday, September 16, 2012. We will also have a live chat at 7 p.m. EST on Twitter and will be using the hashtag #SundaySupper. We look forward to answering questions, giving tips and inspiring you to spend more time Around the Family Table with those you love! Thanks to Heather of Girlichef for hosting this event.

Sopas (Soups), Ensaladas (Salads), and Entremeses (Starters)

La Comida (the food)

Postres (desserts)

Bebidas (beverages)

Comments

1. says

The thing about is good soup is you want to make it again and again. It sounds like this is one of them and I will add the recipe to my cold weather soup making list.

2. says

No need to apologize! It’s a new-to-me recipe, and sometimes it’s a great idea to repost older recipes because they are still a hit. I know I have recipes on my blog I’ve written few years ago that I want to repost (and reshoot, heh). I’m saving this recipe for chilly days!

3. says

There has been a couple times where I thought “oh, I gotta post my recipe for….” and then realized later that I had already done it! This looks fantastic though and I’m glad you had to a chance to share it (again) because I hadn’t found your blog yet when you posted it the first time.

4. says

Hey, nothing wrong with revisiting a delicious recipe…and this one sounds awesome! Tortilla Soup is my favorite, so I’m happy that you pulled it back out to share at the fiesta!

5. says

Your soup looks magnificent! I’ve done that, too…made a whole batch of cookies and was ready to share only to find out I’d already done a blog post on them :/ Happy #Sunday Supper!

6. says

I love roasted veggies and can’t wait till it cools off in Florida so that I can try this recipe. I love that you share your beautiful recipes during #sundaysupper.

7. says

I love your blog. My best friends Mom is type 2 and she always struggles with new recipes. I shared your site with her! Soup looks great. Happy #SundaySupper!

8. says

I do redo recipe’s all the time. I call it re cook/bake and shoot project. I take the dishes I did earlier in my blog and redo the whole thing. I love roasted veggies and your tortilla soup sounds amazing.

9. says

I tell you, roasted fresh tomatoes makes all the difference in this soup! I’ll be sad when I want to make it again and tomato season is over!