I’m participating in my very first #SundaySupper today. Every week, Family Foodie hosts a blogging event that encourages people to bring the tradition of Sunday Supper around the family table back into their home.
This week’s Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes all feature a new product from LAND O LAKES® – Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. When trying to come up with a recipe using both butter and olive oil, I immediately thought of Chicken Scallopini, so I decided that would be the perfect thing to try with this product.
Let me say right off the bat that I don’t have one single drop of Italian blood anywhere in my body. If any of you do and this recipe violates the rules for traditional scallopini, I apologize. But this is what I think of as chicken scallopini. I don’t make this dish too often anymore because it’s a bit higher in fat and cholesterol than I prefer. I do crave it once in a while, however, and it is simple, fresh and perfect for a quick summer meal. You just put the water on to boil and, by the time the pasta is done, dinner’s ready.
I’m giving away a coupon redeemable for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. To enter, leave a comment and tell me your favorite recipe to make with butter. The contest will run through Friday, June 15, 2012. The winner will be chosen at random on Saturday, June 16, 2012. You must be at least 18 years of age with a U.S. mailing address to win. No purchase is necessary; void where prohibited. The winner will be notified by email and must respond within 24 hours or another winner will be selected. (Please make sure email from email@example.com doesn’t end up in your spam folder.)
Here’s the complete list of #SundaySupper Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes:
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Fettucini with Cream Sauce and Turkey Sausage by Val’s Food and or Art
- Linguini with Clam Sauce by The Pig and the Fig
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cider Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Crusty French Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Herb Butter by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scallopini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- Empanadas by The Primlani Kitchen
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Flank Steak with Garlic and Wild Mushrooms by Family Spice
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Buttery Sea Salt Tuna Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken with Butter Sauce and Fresh Veggies by BG Garden
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Buttery Garlic Knots by From My Corner of Saratoga
- Herbed Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onions by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Basic and Delicious
About LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt: LAND O LAKES® is expanding its popular line of half-stick butter with the introduction of LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. This new product contains wholesome ingredients: sweet cream, olive oil and sea salt. LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is an easy and convenient way to simply enhance the flavor of your favorite foods. Available in a premeasured half-stick size, this new product can be used for topping and cooking a variety of foods, combining the two ingredients consumers often combine separately when frying or sautéing foods. The delicious taste of butter and olive oil will add delicious flavor to any dish. You can find LAND O LAKES® on Facebook and Twitter.
Disclaimer: I received a full-value coupon redeemable for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, for recipe development and review purposes plus one to give away. All opinions are my own.
2 servings whole wheat thin spaghetti (4 ounces dry)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total)
1/3 cup white wheat flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons capers
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Place chicken breast on cutting board. Cut breast in half horizontally while holding your knife parallel to the board. Repeat with other breast. You’ll end up with four pieces of chicken. Pound each piece between slices of waxed paper until 1/4-inch thick.
Place flour on a plate. Coat each side of each piece of chicken with flour.
Heat oil and 2 tablespoons Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides until cooked through (you may need to do it in two batches, depending on the size of your skillet). Remove to plate and keep warm.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt to same skillet. Stir in lemon juice and capers. Heat until warmed through.
To serve, put 1/4 pasta, then a slice of chicken, then 1/4 sauce on four plates. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 375 calories, 17g fat (5g sat), 89mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 29g carb, 3g fiber, 1g sugar, 32g protein